Heating Oil Program Manager
Heating Oil Program Manager
The Energy Co-Op
The Energy Co-op connects our members to local energy services, empowering them through group-buying power to stretch their dollars farther and purchase renewable energy sources that help create cleaner, healthier communities. We’ve been the area’s member-owned, nonprofit energy supplier since 1979. We provide renewable electricity and heating oil (including Bioheat) to more than 5,000 members in southeastern Pennsylvania.
Located conveniently in Center City Philadelphia, you’ll be managing our Heating Oil program and working alongside a small staff of dedicated, passionate individuals in a relaxed office environment.
The Heating Oil Program Manager (HOPM) is responsible for managing and guiding the strategic development of The Energy Co-op’s Heating Oil program. The HOPM oversees all aspects of program operations including contract management, vendor relations, finance, customer service, and business development. In this role, you’ll be expected to continually create and demonstrate value for both our members and vendors in line with organizational and programmatic goals.
The HOPM interacts with multiple stakeholders including fuel oil vendors, members, executive leadership, and staff. With value and member satisfaction in mind as a top priority, suitable candidates must be able to confidently negotiate and implement contracts as well as mediate vendor-member conflicts. The HOPM reports to the Executive Director.
- Manage contracts between The Energy Co-op and several regional heating oil vendors. Ensure that both The Energy Co-op and vendors are meeting their obligations as specified.
- Serve as intermediary between members and vendors: solicit and review feedback, investigate member complaints, and resolve disputes between members and vendors.
- Explore opportunities for growth and execute strategies with respect to territory expansions, vetting and contracting additional vendors, partnerships, and other areas.
- Maintain highly detailed and accurate data; perform complex analyses for informing budgetary and other business decisions.
- Follow strict accounting protocols; ensure vendors are invoiced and payments are received in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with staff to develop messaging, improve member services, and optimize program processes.
- Regularly keep executive leadership and staff abreast of program developments and performance. Perform monthly variance analyses for review by Board of Directors.
- Promote the Heating Oil program through occasional sponsored events, speaking engagements, and networking opportunities.
- 2+ years’ experience in contract, vendor relationship, and business/nonprofit administration
- 1 year of experience in a supervisory role
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Basic understanding of legal, financial, and accounting concepts
- Intermediate Excel skills with a strong ability to analyze large sets of data
- Proven success in performing market research, financial analyses, and making data-driven decisions
- Confident negotiator with the ability to hold vendors accountable
- Comfortable working both individually and within a team environment
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills
- Experience with Salesforce CRM and QuickBooks desired
- Some travel occasionally required, though access to your own vehicle is not required
- Commitment to the organization’s mission, a passion for serving the community, and the cooperative movement
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to Dan Koltonuk, Interim Chief of Staff (email@example.com) with “Heating Oil Program Manager” in the subject line.
This is a full-time, overtime-exempt position available immediately. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and accepted until the position is filled. Salary is contingent upon experience.
The Energy Co-op prides itself on providing a high-quality work life balance with generous PTO and healthcare benefits, flexible scheduling, and the ability to work remotely when possible.
The Energy Co-op is an equal opportunity employer. Policy prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. Further, The Energy Co-op supports and promotes equal employment opportunity, human dignity, and racial, ethnic, and cultural diversity.